1. Introduction and scope
This Privacy Statement describes how AIMS ERP, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “AIMS ERP”, “AIMS POS”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”) collects and manages your personal information (i.e. any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual) as part of providing our Services (defined below). This Statement primarily covers:
- Merchants: businesses that have expressed interest in using the Services or have contracted with AIMS ERP to provide the Services within their restaurants;
- Retail Store Managers: owners and employees of all retails stores who are using our services and in contract with us;
- Merchant Employees: employees of our Merchants that use the Services;
In addition to the groups above, this Statement also covers individuals that visit our websites and our third-party business partners.
Please note that our Merchants are independent third parties that maintain their own business practices and policies outside of their relationship with AIMS ERP and their use of the Services. As a result, unless provided otherwise in this Statement, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or data practices of our Merchants, who may maintain separate policies and practices. If you are a Merchant Employee, your employer is responsible for providing any additional required notices or information to you regarding its privacy practices outside of this Statement.
By using the Services and/or providing us with your personal information, you acknowledge that your personal information will be processed and used in the manner set out in this Privacy Statement.
Here are a few other terms we use throughout this Privacy Statement that you should know:
- “Services” refers to services and products (including both hardware and software) developed by us from time-to-time, including:
- our core point-of-sale (POS) system;
- our core AIMS ERP Restaurant solution;
- our core AIMS ERP Retail solution;
- our application programming interfaces (“APIs”);
3. Personal information we collect
Personal information collected through the Services
If you are a Merchant, we will collect personal information from you in connection with your service agreement and use of the Services, including, as applicable,
- your name
- date of birth
- phone number
As part of our agreement to provide the Services, we will also collect additional information such as your tax identification number, national identification number (e.g. Social Security number or passport number), your drivers’ license details as well as your banking and payment card information.
If you are a business partner that is looking to integrate with AIMS ERP, we will also collect information such as your name and contact details as part of your application to integrate with our Services.
If you are a Merchant Employee, we collect personal information about you through your use of the Services. This includes:
- your name
- phone number
- employee identification number
- date of birth
- information relating to your role, such as your job title, wage rates and salary and hours worked.
Personal information collected through our websites
In addition to using the Services, we may also collect personal Information when you visit our websites and request information about our Services, download a product brochure, schedule a product demo or subscribe to our blog. This personal information may include:
- your name
- phone number
Certain information may also be collected automatically when you visit our websites. For more information, please see the section of this Statement entitled “Information collected automatically”.
Personal information collected from other sources
Depending on whether you are a Merchant, a Merchant Employee, a Retailer or a visitor to one of our websites, we may also collect personal information about you from third parties including our business partners, data providers, identity verification services, credit bureaus (if applicable) and credit card companies. We may also collect information from you that is publicly available. For example, if you interact with us through various social media channels.
Information collected automatically
We collect information automatically when you visit our websites, use our mobile application(s) or use our online services such as online ordering. Information collected automatically by cookies, web beacons or other similar technologies (described in the “Cookies and other tracking technologies” section of this Statement) may include:
- information about your device, such as your device type/model, number and device ID (e.g. MAC address);
- information about your browser, settings (e.g. language) and operating system;
- your internet protocol (IP) address;
- unique advertising identifiers;
- browsing and usage activity, such as the referring domain, what websites/content you have viewed or actions you have taken on a particular website.
Depending on the Services being used or the websites you access, we may also collect geolocation information through your devices. For example, we may show you what restaurants in your area are available within our mobile application(s). You can adjust your settings at the device or browser level to disable the use of these technologies.
4. How we use personal information
We use personal information to provide, maintain and support our Services, including
- to provide updates, support and training related to the Services;
- to determine the suitability of individuals in relation to their use of certain Services;
- for contracting and agreement purposes;
- to process transactions and payments through the Services;
- to enable our Merchants and our Merchants Employees to access and use the Services, including information that you have provided as part of using the Services; and
- to provide online services, including verifying your identity, as well as diagnosing technical and service issues.
To manage our business and for internal operational purposes, including
- analyzing the performance of our Services;
- workforce development;
- creating and developing analytics for the benefit of our business and the business of our Merchants;
- research purposes, including the development of new products;
- assessing the effectiveness of Services; and
- improving our Services.
To personalize your experience, including
- using transactional data and order histories to provide recommendations when using our Services or those of our Merchants; and
- using analytics and profiling technology to personalize your online experience.
To advertise and market to you, including
- sending you marketing communications, either directly or through a third party, in relation to our existing or new Services that we think might interest you; and
- enabling our Merchants, either directly or through a third party, to advertise their products and services to you.
- Any communications sent to you pursuant to this section shall either be permitted under the applicable law or with your consent.
To communicate with you or provide information you have requested, including
- to provide notifications in relation to your purchases;
- providing you with our newsletter, podcast and other subscription materials;
- sending you digital receipts; and
- responding to feedback that you have provided in relation to your experience using one of our products or Services or those of our Merchants.
For legal, compliance and security-related purposes, including to
- secure and protect our network and systems;
- identify and protect against fraud and other crimes;
- establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- fulfilment of our contractual obligations; and
- monitor and report compliance issues.
5. How we share information
AIMS ERP may share personal information as part of providing the Services and for the purposes described within this Statement. This includes:
- with our Merchants and our Merchant’s Employees for the purposes of providing the Services to you, fulfilling your requests and for the other purposes described in this Statement;
- with our business partners (including our integration partners) in order to provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- with our parent, subsidiary, or affiliate companies, agents (if any) for the purposes outlined above;
- with third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf, such as hosting and information technology services, payment services, identity verification and fraud prevention services, marketing and advertising services, data analytics and personalization services and customer support services. Please note:
- in connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business;
6. Retention of personal information
We retain personal information as long as reasonably necessary to provide the Services, carry out the purposes described in this Statement or as otherwise required in order to comply with our records retention periods (which reflect the applicable law). For example, we may retain information about users of our Services in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations or to protect our interests as part of providing the Services.
7. Cookies and other tracking technologies
A small text file placed and saved in your browser when you access our websites and potentially the websites of our Merchants, business partners and other third parties. We use both session cookies (i.e. cookies that are stored only for a specific website visit) and persistent cookies (i.e. cookies that are stored beyond a specific website visit) to provide the Services and for the purposes described in this Statement. These cookies may be set by us (first party cookies) or set by third parties that collect information on our behalf (third party cookies), such as Google Analytics.
We implement appropriate administrative, technical, and organizational security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, disclosure, damage or loss. However, even though we have taken measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that the collection, transmission and storage of personal information will always be completely secure.
10. Links to other websites
This Privacy Statement only applies to information collected when visiting our websites or otherwise using our Services. While visiting our websites or using the Services, you may be directed through links to third-party websites or services that are not operated or controlled by us. For example, the websites of our Merchants or business partners that provide services as part of this Statement. We are not responsible for the privacy practices and policies of these third parties. As a result, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-party websites as their practices may differ from ours.
Our Services are not targeted or directed at children under the age of 13, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Statement to request that we remove the information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information we collected has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that personal information.
12. How to contact us
If you have questions or concerns about our Privacy Statement or practices, you can reach us at:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Attn: AIMS ERP, M2-1082, Sydney Road, Fawkner, Victoria, AUS 3060By phone: +61 470 3858 96
You can also reach out to us through the above channels to request a copy or a downloadable version of this Statement.
12. Changes to this Privacy Statement
From time to time, we may revise this Privacy Statement in order to comply with the applicable law or our changing business practices. Unless we are required by the applicable law to provide a prescribed form of notice and/or obtain consent, updated versions of this Statement will be posted on this website. An archived version of our previous Privacy Statement can be found here (attach pdf copy of this statement). Please check this website and this Privacy Statement regularly for updates.